Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms.
- Â»Â Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, …
- Â»Â Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- Â»Â Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista.
- Â»Â Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- Â»Â Audit mode and CSV export.
- Â»Â Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
- Â»Â LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- Â»Â Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition, Vista included.
- Â»Â Free and open source software (GPL).