PDFCreator has a very basic interface that won’t win it any beauty contests. However, by keeping the visuals to a minimum, users will be able to quickly and easily navigate the program and get right to the task at hand. PDFCreator appears as a small, white, rectangular box with a thin strip of command icons along the top. Here you can print, look at options, navigate your files, and open new files. Below the strip is an open space that displays your selected file’s name, size, and status.
After selecting a file for conversion, users are taken to another simple screen. This one asks users to create a file name, creation date, author, keyword and subject for the soon-to-be-created PDF. At the bottom of the screen are commands for saving the PDF or emailing it. The email option instantly adds the PDF as an attachment in your Outlook email.
Key Features of PDFCreator 1.0.2Â :
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
- Send generated files via eMail
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems