QuickTime Alternative will allow you to playÂ QuickTime (.mov .qt) files. This way there is no need to install the offical QuickTime Player.
QuickTime Alternative also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR. QuickTime Alternative is a software with codecs, filters and plugins that play QuickTime files.
The QuickTime Browser plugin supportsÂ Internet Explorer,Â Opera,Â MozillaandÂ Netscape.
It is highly recommended to uninstall all existing QuickTime related software, like QuickTime Player, before installing. This way your system stays clean and potential problems will be avoided.
Features of QuickTime Alternative 3.2.2 :
- Media Player Classic [version 184.108.40.206 rev 104]: this is a full-featured player which has internal decoding support for DVD, MPEG-2, MP3, MP2, AAC, AC3 and DTS. It also has internal support for opening Matroska and Ogg containers. Media Player Classic is also capable of playing QuickTime and RealMedia content if those codecs are installed.
- QuickTime Codecs [version 220.127.116.11]: required for playing QuickTime content.
- QuickTime DirectShow filter: allows you to play QuickTime content in all DirectShow enabled players.
- Without this filter QuickTime content can only be played in Media Player Classic.
- QuickTime plugin for Internet Explorer: allows you to view QuickTime content that is embedded in a webpage. It is installed together with the QuickTime codecs.
- QuickTime plugin for Opera/Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Google Chrome: allows you to view QuickTime content that is embedded in a webpage.
- Extra plugins for QuickTime: plugins for viewing some special formats that are sometimes used on webpages.
- CoreAVC: is an external filter for Media Player classic
- CoreAAC: is an AAC DirectShow filter decoder based on FAAD2.