Safari 5.0.3Â introduces sophisticated design elements that made browsing a joy. Easy to use, Safari stayed out of your way and let you effortlessly navigate from site to site.
More importantly, the updates also includeÂ more than 25 security fixes for WebKit, the software layout engine that underpins not only the desktop version of Safari, but the iOS version of Apple’s browser and other software like Google Chrome and the iTunes Store. Among the patches are one that prevents a Website from tracking users and one that stops sites from spoofing the location bar address or altering your Web history. The vast majority, however, patch vulnerabilities that could allow a maliciously crafted Website to cause Safari to quit or allow the execution of arbitrary code.
Safari 5.0.3 is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6.4 or later, Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
Key Features of Safari 5.0.3:
- More accurate Top Hit results in the Address Field
- More accurate results in Top Sites
- Fixes an issue that could cause content delivered with the Flash 10.1 plug-in to overlap webpage content
- More reliable pop-up blocking
- Improved stability when typing into search and text input fields onÂ www.netflix.com andwww.facebook.com
- Improved stability when using VoiceOver with Safari
Whats New in this Version:
There’s the new Reader option that streamlines how you read articles, broader support for HTML5, default support for searches on Bing, and performance improvements. However, the biggest new feature of them all–Extensions–won’t be available until later this summer according to Apple.