Skype 5.2 Beta for Windows brings new presence icons, improved handling of calling attempts made when the user has run out of credit and improved access to sharing functionality.
Additionally it doesn’t just work on Windows. Skype is also for Mac OS X, Linux and PDAs using Pocket PC, with a native look and feel for each platform. Talking, sending instant messages or even file transfers work between different platforms like a charm.
- Skype calling – Skype has all the features of an ordinary phone so it’s even easier to manage your calls.
- Video calling – see who you are talking to at the same time as speaking to them.
- Add Skype and SkypeOut contacts – Add contacts who use Skype and those who use ordinary phones so you can call more people.
- Organising groups – group contacts under certain names and share them with your contacts so they can talk to them too.
- Basic chat and emoticons – when it’s not convenient to call, chat or Instant Message (IM) your contacts.
- Group chat – for when it’s easier to chat or Instant Message (IM) all your friends at once.
- Profile settings – change how you appear to the world and let people know a bit about you.
- Conference calling – talk to more than one friend at a time.
- Import contacts – search your address book to find friends and family that already have a Skype name and start calling them for free.
- View Outlook contacts – view and call your Microsoft OutlookÂ® contacts quickly and directly from your Skype contact list.
- Quickfilter and Speed-Dial – find Skype contacts, recent chats and SkypeOut contacts quickly and easily, then enter their Skype name to call them back quickly.
Whats New in Skype 126.96.36.199 :
- New presence icons
- Improved handling of calling attempts made when the user has run out of credit
- Improved access to sharing functionality
|Accessibility||Accessibility on Call Quality Indicator was not complete|
|Call Quality Indicator||Seldom Call Quality notifications could have been displayed for very short time|
|Call Quality Indicator||Network connection indicator stayed red even after network connection had recovered|
|Call view||Automatic call failure re-connection showed wrongly other sides name|
|Calling||Missed call to online number did not display caller number|
|Contact list||While browsing contact list in compact mode conversations were mistakenly opened sometimes|
|Generic||Resolved many issues with right to left language displaying|
|Recent list||It was possible to add to contacts unknown phone number|
|Skype Home||Users avatar change was not showed out to himself on profile area until Skype was restarted|
|Welcome Screen||Test call was ended when user returned to Welcome Screen|
|Video||Video warning message was not displayed if webcam was in use by other application|
|Video in mood||Video in mood had artifacts while displaying in profile area|