ÂµTorrent is an efficient and feature richÂ BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. ÂµTorrent was designed to use as little cpu, space and memory as possible while offering all the functionalites expected from advanced clients. WithÂ BitTorrent, you can download files faster and contribute by sharing files andÂ bandwidth.
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in ÂµTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet).
Additionally, ÂµTorrent supports theProtocol Encryption jointÂ specification (compatible with Azureus 184.108.40.206 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange. ÂµTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources – typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren’t there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 500 KB in size.
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. ÂµTorrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn’t available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
Key Features of uTorrent 2.2.1 Beta 23551:
- Light on system resources (micro size)
- Multiple simultaneous downloads
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Global and per-torrent speed limiting
- Proxy support
- Quick-resumes interrupted transfers
- RSS support (enables automatic downloads of your favorite torrents)
- Trackerless support (mainline DHT)
- Skinnable and Localized (skins browser, toolbars, status ccons, tab icons, program icons)