WindowsÂ LiveÂ Writer makes it easy for anyone to tell stories like a professional blogger. You can create beautiful blog posts, and see what they’ll look like online before you publish them to your blog. Plus, you can publish your blog to any of your favorite blog service providers, such asÂ WordPress,Â Blogger,Â LiveJournal, and more.
- What you see is what you get – With Writer, you can preview everything youâ€™re adding to your blog, to see how the fonts, spacing, colors, and images will look, before you publish.
- Bring your blog to life – It’s fast and easy to make your photos and videos look great on your blog. Insert them and apply cool borders and effects.
Some of the features of Windows Live Writer 2011
1. Improved Interface â€“ Once you will update the Writer to 2011 beta, you will see a difference in the looks of your current theme. Actually it is because of the fonts size changes. Now your theme layout on WLW will look much cleaner.
2. Improved Spelling suggestion â€“ Spelling check is really important inÂ blogging and this time,Microsoft has improved the spelling check system of Writer.
3. Added lots of Emotions â€“ Yes, now you can insert emotions in your posts. To insert an emotion, go to â€œInsert ==> Emotionsâ€ icon and hit that to get lots of emotions. Just select any of them and that will appear in your post. These emotions are actually pictures (nice one) pre-installed in Writer. Once you will upload this post on blog, those emotions pictures will also upload on your blog.
4. Improved Integration with Microsoft Office products â€“ If you want to paste something from Office products like Word, Excel etc. you can do that using Paste Special. But now this integration has improved a lot. You may choose nice formatting of a table in Word and that table can be pasted in Writer with the same formatting. Yes, this â€œPaste Specialâ€ option was there in Writer 2009 as well but now it has been improved a lot and you will not face much issue in that regard.