WinSCP is an open source freeÂ SFTP client andÂ FTP client for Windows. LegacyÂ SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
It uses Secure Shell (SSH) and supports, in addition to Secure FTP, also legacy SCP protocol.
It works in most versions of Windows back to Win95. Its ability to securely transfer files between far-flung PCs using several protocols is commendable.
Key Features of WinSCP:
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop,Â URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All commonÂ operations with files
- Support forÂ SFTP and SCP protocols overÂ SSH-1 andÂ SSH-2 and plain oldÂ FTP protocol
- Batch fileÂ scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support forÂ SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS)authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support ofÂ public key authentication withÂ SSH
- Explorer andÂ Commander interfaces
- OptionallyÂ stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using aÂ configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media